Sr. Security Engineer
1525 Windward Concourse Alpharetta, GA 30005
Sr. Security Engineer
Our client is a data and technology company fostering on innovation, growth and collaboration. The fast-paced, team-driven environment provides the opportunity to work as a key contributor on high priority initiatives by developing new products, solutions and platforms, and supporting technology operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
They are seeking a Sr. Security Engineer to join their team in Atlanta, GA!
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Effectively engaging and partnering with key stakeholders and partners across IT and the business to prioritize and drive technical solutions
- Transforming current platform technology by introducing structure and best practices to drive results
- Performing special projects as assigned
- Participating in defining security practices and operations for the enterprise and using DevOps standard methodologies to ensure optimal operations and strong feedback mechanisms
- Contributing operational requirements and optimizations into the architecture and design of security solutions
- Automating software builds and release configurations against on premise and public cloud infrastructure
- Implementing standard methodologies for CI/CD across the organization and provide feedback into their development and improvement
- Establishing and delivering a scalable portfolio of technical solutions to deliver key security services (IAM, PAM, logging and monitoring, FIM, encryption, key management, and certificate management) to the mainframe and midrange platforms
- Developing, delivering, and assessing against hardening standards, building and delivering roadmaps to remediate identified gaps
- Delivering a technical platform to support continuous controls monitoring of the mainframe and midrange platforms
- Partnering with enterprise SIEM teams to develop effective incident detection rules for proactive monitoring
- Driving automation and efficiencies through integration with enterprise services (IAM, PKI, etc.)
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- A history of driving transformational change & doing the impossible
- Experience working with Mainframe (zOS) platforms under RACF and/or TopSecret
- 8+ years work experience in IT with at 3+ years of security or security related experience and 3+ years of leadership experience
- BS/MS in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Services, or equivalent
- Proven track record to deal with complexity, conflicting priorities and delivering winning results in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with operations and deployments in highly segmented networks
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, JCL, SAS, REXX
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Key industry certifications such as CISM, CISSP, etc.
- Experience across multiple security domains (IAM, Governance, IR, etc.)
- Experience across multiple IT domains (platform, network, application, etc.)
- Experience with security design for multi-service enterprises
- Well versed and knowledgeable in compliance and security standards and guidelines including: SOX, NIST, CIS, ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS.
- Extensive knowledge of security controls and technologies including SIEM, DLP, WAF, IPS, and firewall
- 5 years' work experience delivering security-related solutions into a DevOps environment with a demonstrated bias to early action and cutting edge technology
Benefits: Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, and much more.