Lead BI Developer
Dayton, OH 45377
Senior BI Developer
Our client provides simple, secure technology options enabling businesses to accept payments, get paid faster, and increase efficiency. Their seamless, easy-to-use payments platform supports every stage of a business’ growth today, tomorrow and beyond. With more than 100, 000 clients and two decades’ delivering smart, easily integrated business solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position is adept at using Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions like SSAS, SSIS and SSRS to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Collaborating with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems
- Collaborating with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports
- Designing and developing large complex ETL jobs
- Document Data Integration Design to facilitate other developers to develop software code
- Designing, implementing and maintaining database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security
- Validating data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware
- Maintaining the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Ensuring data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
- Use the SSIS platform to extract, transform, and load data.
- Develop, test, integrate, and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary. Write and maintain unit test cases.
- Must be able to direct junior team members, lead team, assign tasks, monitor progress and report status. Execute on POC’ s with new technologies, drive innovation and new ideas.
- Must be comfortable to create solution design proposals to Architecture Review Board.
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of experience with BI / ETL development
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft BI solutions like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Strong understanding of data modeling best practices
- Deep understanding of relational database design and SQL programming
- Experience manipulating Terabytes of data in a complex data processing environment
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, Azure Data Warehouse
- Experience guiding/mentoring developers with lesser experience.
Benefits: Excellent base salary + bonus, Excellent health benefits ($490/month premium for $1k family deductible, FSA/HSA available, LTD/STD, etc.), 3 – 4 weeks PTO + 2 floating holidays + 5 sick days, Tuition Assistance, 401(k)+ 4% company match, Flexible core hours, casual dress, free snacks + coffee
Keywords: BI, Business Intelligence, Microsoft BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL, SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, Azure, Data Warehousing, Stored Procedures, Data Mining, AWS, Data Services, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Terabytes