Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client is looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join a high-growth FinTech company located in the Atlanta-area.
The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development.
This person will have shared responsibility for deploying releases. The position will also play a large role in helping make the transition to be a fully hybrid cloud-based platform. To succeed, candidates should have experience with various version control systems (BitBucket etc), build tools (ant, maven, etc) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet).
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- Pre-production. Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years' DevOps experience - Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
- 3+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Experience working with cloud platforms (EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Agile development team experience
- 5+ years of Windows systems engineering in a production environment
Benefits: Generous Salary plus bonus potential, comprehensive company benefits, casual work environment, flexible PTO, 401K with company match, many opportunities for advancement
Keywords: DevOps, AWS, Cloud, SQL, MySQL, Windows, Linux, AWS, Chef, Puppet, Scripting, Cloud Automation, Git, Jenkins, Data Services, Data Quality, Master Data Management