Senior Database Engineer
Senior Database Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Database Engineer to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, and to design and implement utilities to assist in the areas of integrations, master data management and analytics.
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Providing database and SQL Tuning expertise through recommendations to application developers, vendors and other core teams
- Managing the implementation of vendor-led solutions into the environment, including transformations, migrations and integration of new to existing data
- Overseeing SQL Server database capacity planning and performance monitoring the storage environments for the SQL Server databases, including planning for additional storage, maintaining optimal sizing, monitoring space, and providing growth statistics
- Overseeing and executing SQL Server backup and recovery policies, and maintaining integrity and reliability of access to information
- Troubleshooting database issues including collecting information through traces and other logging facilities
- Providing architectural/database technical expertise to team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years working in database administration, engineering and solution delivery.
- 2+ years managing a highly secure, regulated environment with strong understanding of administration, including business continuity, availability and recoverability, with focus on securing environments
- 5+ years’ experience working in the MS Data Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- 5+ years SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints), and experience in creating database architecture with associated schema' s as part of a software design process
- 3+ years of working in a data analytics environment, including experience in developing and distributing analytical models
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, and system sprocs).
- Extended, continuous experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, availability / connectivity, replication issues, security issues, etc.
- Advanced understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Ability to design and develop analytical models based on business needs, utilizing both traditional data warehousing techniques and solutions focused on user empowerment
- Ability to design and implement complex integrations and orchestrate within the enterprise to support master data integrity, application data needs, and analytics
- Ability to provide technical support for their database environment including overseeing the creation and organization of the databases and assessment and implementation of new technologies, including encryption, disaster recovery, and incident-response
- Ability to develop complex logic (advanced SQL, triggers, functions, etc.), in support of application and integrations requirements
Benefits: Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401K, Employee Assistance Program and much much more!
Keywords: MS Data Stack, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Development, Administration