Our client is a software company located in Alpharetta seeking a software-focused Pre-Sales Engineer to join their team. The Pre-Sales Engineer must be able to:
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical prospects and end users.
- Assist with development and pre-bid review to ensure that bid proposals meet specifications and functionality demands.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to architect and deliver comprehensive proposals to customers and prospects.
- Expert knowledge of service offerings to support solution development for clients and prospects
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Expert knowledge of industry trends and initiatives and creatively maximizing the solutions and services to support these trends and initiatives; demonstrate initiative in creating/authoring solutions to meet client and market needs
- Strong sales-based skills to move customer to selecting solutions and services to support attainment of their goals and objectives
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFQs/RFPs
- Responsible for being technical lead for bids and estimates that include system deployments, upgrades, expansions, etc.
- Articulate corporate messaging and vision in prospecting, trade shows, presentations to individuals and groups, proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
- Strong communication (verbal/analytical) and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members
- Excellent analytical, technical, organization and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must have the ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to interpret complex documents
- Ability to clearly present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Self-confidence in presenting and support their conclusions
- Ability to present designs in front of high-profile clients (state/government agencies, large corporations, etc.)
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Experience working as a systems/software engineer
- Experience in Workload automation products BMC, CA Technologies, ASG, Atomic, Redwood, IBM (or similar)
Benefits: Base + Commission, 401k program, full benefits including medical, dental and vision, free gym access and other great benefits.