1525 Windward Concourse Alpharetta, GA 30005 | Direct Hire
Our client is a data and technology company fostering on innovation, growth and collaboration. The fast-paced, team-driven environment provides the opportunity to work as a key contributor on high priority initiatives by developing new products, solutions and platforms, and supporting technology operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
Our client is seeking a Monitoring Engineer who will be joining the talented, newly-formed Monitoring Engineering Team!
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Working directly with product development, application and platform support teams and report to the Reliability Engineering Technical Lead
- Collaborating with other teams to develop secure, reliable, efficient and scalable software services
- Working with internal and external teams to develop automation for tool configuration and functional certification
- Maximizing product reliability by developing implementations of commercial monitoring software to align with rapidly evolving business needs
- Creating effective dashboards, reporting, alerting and responses to ensure that impact from issues is either avoided or rapidly resolved
- Monitoring effectiveness of implementation and plans for constant improvement in support of the goals of the organization
- Providing first line application support for automation and tools
- Proactively reviewing system performance and capacity
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable experience of Enterprise Infrastructure, Application Performance and Capacity monitoring
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, performance and capacity monitoring concepts and implementation
- Experience with specific tools and technologies: AppDynamics, Elastic Stack, Java, Linux, Oracle.
- Experience with similar tools and technologies: Extrahop, DataDog, Apica, AWS, Azure
- Understanding of production systems design concepts including Reliability, Security, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Understanding of infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef) and associated concepts
- Solid understanding of SaaS, micro service-based architectures and operations
Benefits: Competitive base and incentive pay; comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits; provisions of basic life and disability coverage; flexible work arrangements; service awards; recognition program; retirement savings plan; and, vacation/paid time off (PTO)