7001 Weston Pkwy Ste 200
Job Category: Engineering
Job Number: 14215
Manager of Project Development
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000 per year, plus an outstanding bonus of up to 20%
Location: Raleigh, NC - hybrid position (3x per week on-site)
Our client, an industry leader, is seeking a Manager of Project Development with a strong background in Java development and experience managing teams of Java developers. The ideal candidate should also have experience managing software development projects and direct reports, with a strong understanding of technical architecture and traditional Project Management (PMP) work.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Leading a Java-based development team to deliver new products to Fortune 500 companies
- Working on high-importance internal projects, including migrating to cutting-edge technologies
- Managing budgets and project planning, ensuring successful delivery of software products to clients
- The scope of work is: 50% project Execution and Management, 30% project planning, and 20% project communications.
Here's what our ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of software development project management experience in an Agile environment
- Background in Application Development or Technical Architecture (Java, Spring, AWS)
- Experience managing a team of direct-report developers
- Must be PMP certified or be willing to obtain the certificate if hired
Preferred qualifications (not required):
- AWS or related cloud experience
- Experience managing on and off shore teams
- Agile Certification (PMI or Scrum)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, competitive salary and bonus structure, relocation assistance, and more!
Keywords: Project Management, PM, SDLC, Software Development Lifecycle, Software Engineer, Manage, Lead, PMP, MS Project, Microsoft Word