Lead Help Desk Technician
3845 Pleasantdale Road Atlanta, GA 30340
Lead Help Desk Technician
Our client is global technology services company focused on supporting broadcast, cable and digital leaders. They design, implement and operate reliable video solutions that capture, process and deliver their clients’ video content from any source, in any format, to any destination in the most efficient manner possible.
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Serving as the initial contact for reporting technical issues, and answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues
- Accurately diagnosing client technical issues; gathering the necessary information; and performing standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources
- Effectively implementing the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools to resolve issues
- Clearly and thoroughly documenting requests for assistance in our ticket management system, and tracking incidents through to resolution/escalation (per client guidelines)
- Identifying potential outages and other problems (via information gathering, ticket trends, etc.) and communicating the information to Team Leads in a timely manner
- Daily management of technology assets such as laptops, desktops, printers, and tablets using our centralized asset management system
- Providing daily support for our collaboration tools and services (Conferencing Room Equipment, GoTo Meeting, etc.)
- Assisting with onboarding / offboarding employees, including provisioning hardware, and ensuring tasks are documented accordingly to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Providing leadership for junior help desk staff and assist with troubleshooting escalated technical issues
- Working on projects to increase organization and improvements in the IT department
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based workstations in a corporate environment.
- 5+ years deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Macintosh OS X workstations in a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of IP addressing, subnets, file/folder mapping, shared drives, & network printer configuration.
- Solid understanding of Windows domains and group policy
- Solid understanding, and be able to troubleshoot IPv4 and other networking protocols
- Solid understanding of the command prompt
- Solid understanding of computer hardware and software concepts and troubleshooting
- Experience working with corporate virus/adware removal processes
- Experience supporting VPN Clients (Palo Alto Global Protect)
- Managing users, groups, and computer objects in Active Directory
- Managing user mailboxes and distribution list using the Exchange Management Console
- Solid Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Apple iOS devices
- Working knowledge of managing video conferencing equipment, collaboration tools, and services
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot VoIP phones (or work with network admins to resolve issues).
- Print server configuration/administration.
- Experience managing technology assets in the Enterprise.
- Ability to work independently and provide supervisory support to help desk staff
- Professional training/certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+)
- Willingness to work a rotating shift schedule, including Saturdays, as well as perform on-call which includes nights and weekends
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Information Technology Degree, or professional training/certifications (e.g. CCNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCTS)
- Solid PowerShell scripting ability
- Understanding of Outlook Mail Retention Policies
- Understanding of Symantec VIP 2FA / VPN Clients
- Understanding of Disk Encryption (Sophos SafeGuard)
- Understanding of Cisco Call Manager (Managing extensions, SNR forwarding)
- Understanding of SSO (Okta) – Managing user accounts / Assigning Applications
Benefits: Great salary, full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD/STD, AD&D, etc.), Profit Sharing, 401(k) Plan, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, casual dress