Alpharetta, GA 30005
Our client is a data and technology company fostering on innovation, growth and collaboration. The fast-paced, team-driven environment provides the opportunity to work as a key contributor on high priority initiatives by developing new products, solutions and platforms, and supporting technology operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
They are seeking a Database Administrator to join their team in Alpharetta, GA!
This person will be working to support a team of developers through the SDLC for multiple database technologies including MongoDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL, as well as Cloud technologies. This person will also have the opportunity to automate and integrate tooling to support database management and deployment tasks, troubleshoot and performance tune databases activities in all lifecycles.
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of solid hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of database technology such as MongoDB including analytical function
- In-depth background in Database Security
- 3 - 5 years of solid experience of Database Tuning
- Experience with MongoDB and Oracle
- Experience with MMS Ops Manager
- Ability to optimize database parameters
- Understanding of database administration and management
- Understanding of database architecture for high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience with backup and recovery strategies and techniques
- Experience with database security and controls
- Experience with database metrics and monitoring
- Ability to troubleshoot database issues and provide recommendation
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX general management and troubleshooting
- Experience with version control systems
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Shell script experience, java script a plus
- Automation tool experience with Jenkins a plus
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, noSQL
- AWS and GCP Cloud Technologies
- System Administration skills
Benefits: Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, and much more.