5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta, GA 30342-6847
Clinical Supervisor - Ophthalmology
One of Atlanta’ s premier hospital groups is looking for a Clinical Supervisor to join their team. Our client is an award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing hospital.
This person will be providing direct patient care, within a unit-specific patient population, and supervising the nursing operations for the Ophthalmology service. In the absence of the Operations Coordinator or Manager, this person may assume 24 hour nursing responsibility, but normal working hours for this position will be 7: 00a-3: 30p M-F.
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Three (3) years’ experience in clinical area with a minimum of one (1) year in area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and make appropriate clinical and supervisory decisions
- Must possess good problem solving skills
- Successful completion of a management course prior to appointment, or within six (6) months of employment
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Other certifications: ACLS, PALS, NRP
- Ideal candidates for this position will have strong customer service skills along with Pre-Op & PACU experience
Preferred (not required):
- National certification in specialty
- Membership to a professional organization (i.e. ASORN, AORN, ASPAN)
- Previous management/charge nurse experience
- Three (3) years of experience in nursing with minimum of one (1) year in area of specialty
- B.S. degree in Nursing
- Active RN License in GA
Benefits: We offer work/life balance, continuing education opportunities, internal career growth options, competitive pay/benefits and pension.