St. Louis, Missouri | Direct Hire
Our client is a data and technology company fostering on innovation, growth and collaboration. The fast-paced, team-driven environment provides the opportunity to work as a key contributor on high priority initiatives by developing new products, solutions and platforms, and supporting technology operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
We are looking for a Product Owner in St. Louis, Missouri who can help us deliver leading-edge technology to create valuable solutions to customers and business partners.
Here' s what you' ll be doing:
- Build, pruning, and maintaining the team backlog
- Reviewing and re-prioritizing the backlog as part of the preparatory work for Sprint Planning
- Working closely with the business analysts aiding and contributing to user story development and acceptance criteria and keeping the process flowing.
- Accepting stories into the baseline
- Participating in Team Demo and Retro
- Transforming product vision into actionable release backlogs and managing the product backlog pulling highest priority items to the release backlog in preparation for release planning
- Providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates, sprint loading, story sequencing, and drafting the team' s specific objectives for the upcoming sprint
- Adapting or creating new persona to reflect the product vision and voice of the customer
Here' s what our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Management, Business or related field
- 3+ years in IT experience
- A thorough understanding of the software application business
- Experience in delivering products using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Experience as a Scrum Product Owner is preferred
- Deep understanding of web service technologies, user interface/interaction, and knowledge of Systems Development and Project Management Lifecycles
- Experience with Product Roadmap development and influencing key stakeholders for buy-in on business priorities
Benefits: Competitive base and incentive pay; comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits; provisions of basic life and disability coverage; flexible work arrangements; service awards; recognition program; retirement savings plan; and, vacation/paid time off (PTO).
Keywords: product owner, agile, scrum, user stories, sdlc, Kanban, software application, web service technologies, user interface, user experience, project management lifecycle, leadership