Agile Project Manager
Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | Contract
Agile Project Manager
Skills: Project Management, Agile
Our client is currently seeking an Agile Project Manager, in a department that is part of the Global Product & Innovation center within the company.
Our Client is hard at work defining, designing, and developing the future of the payments industry. To be successful, this evolution requires, among other factors, a focus on technology, customer/user experience, and providing strategic responses to the market gleaned through a strong feedback loop. This role is the glue that synergizes those approaches through effective processes into execution.
The environment is a fast, fun, and thought-rich software development environment with a modern, open floor plan that supports a collaborative and team-centric atmosphere. The pod-like desk layout facilitates easy communication without the interference of cubicle walls or office doors. Impromptu design sessions or smaller discussions can spring up in the specially-designed group collaboration areas or in the ample open space with plentiful whiteboards.
- Operates in an Agile/SCRUM environment to provide solutions that address needs determined through feedback collected from the market
- Embedded within the Scrum team to execute on the approach, deliverables, schedule, and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Defends the project team from external factors that could negatively impact execution and delivery
- Works with all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools
- Foresees risks, challenges, and escalations while managing their mitigation to keep a program on schedule
- Bachelor’ s degree in a business- or technology-related field, or equivalent, relevant years of experience
- Cumulative experience in IT organizations; relevant past positions include: Project Manager, Scrum Master, Project Coordinator
- Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and Waterfall software development certifications and/or equivalent experience
- Experience using an Agile project management tool, such as Rally, Jira, or Version One
- PC proficiency, using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Project and Office
As an Agile consultant, you’ ll gain many of the advantages and benefits of being a direct hire, while experiencing the flexibility of consulting. It’ s the best of both worlds! Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, Employee Assistance Program and more.