Senior Ruby Developer (Contract)
Atlanta, Georgia | Contract
Sr. Ruby Developer
Long-term contract with the ability to go permanent if desired
Become an integral part of an award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) shop headquartered in Midtown Atlanta. This company offers an exciting opportunity to work on products from the ground up in the financial services industry.
They are looking for a full-stack Sr. Ruby Developer with deep experience building web applications using Ruby and modern front-end frameworks like EmberJS. You will join the team as a developer of our financial applications and work with Ruby, Ember.js, Datamapper and Postgres. In this role you will continuously improve the design and quality of products using RSpec, QUnit, Mocha and CircleCI. You will also have an opportunity to contribute ideas and code as you develop new microservices architecture using Java 8, Spring Boot and Angular2.
- You’ ve developed multiple Ruby applications and can identify and resolve complex performance challenges. You’ re also not afraid of digging through legacy code and making it better (or killing things that shouldn’ t be there)
- You know your source control tool and can do more than simple branching and merges.
- You understand the value of testing and can lead the team with smart testing practices.
- You’ re as comfortable in the front-end as you are the back-end or are willing to learn to get there quickly.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with large scale consumer web applications
- Experience with the development of data and reporting systems
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with fintech and businesses in the financial sector
What’ s cool about this company:
What makes this company most unique is the unwavering dedication to their employees. Recognized as one of “ Atlanta’ s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” and winner of prestigious industry awards, our client offers a challenging, rewarding, and truly entrepreneurial working environment. They stay true to their unique Corporate Values, as it has bred a team of highly intelligent IT professionals with the desire to work with cutting edge technology, while enjoying a flexible work culture.
They also offer work from home 2 days a week, flex hours (core hours are 10-3), casual dress work environment, a friendly atmosphere and long-time community involvement!
Benefits: As an Agile consultant, you’ ll gain many of the advantages and benefits of being a direct hire, while experiencing the flexibility of consulting. It’ s the best of both worlds! Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Key words: ruby*, RoR, ruby on rails, full-stack, EmberJS, Datamapper, Postgres, communication skills, ruby developer, senior developer, leader