Senior Java Developer (Remote)
Atlanta, Georgia | Direct Hire
Senior Java Developer
This position is 100% remote but you must be based out of the Atlanta area. This position also requires up to 50% travel.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Our client is an international company that provides software solutions to some of the largest, most recognizable insurance companies around the world. Their software allows insurance companies to provide a more customizable and personalized customer experience for both groups and individuals. This company is growing quickly and looking to add a Senior Java Developer to their team.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with clients and their technical teams to help implement custom software solutions. You will need strong coding experience with Java / J2EE for custom feature and functionality development.
- Expert in software development best practices pertaining to:
- Java / J2EE (Java EE 7+ preferred)
- Cloud Services (AWS preferred)
- WebSphere / WebLogic servers
- Oracle DB or similar relational database
- Ant / Maven, Jenkins / Docker, Git / Subversion
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Proven ability to plan and track skills from project inception to delivery
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Oversee the selection of the appropriate solution technologies (languages, middleware, cloud services, etc.)
- Develop proof of concepts and serve in a leadership role during initial scoping studies.
- Lead and manage technical consultants during solution implementation
- Work closely with Solution Architects to ensure proper standards and customer needs are met
Benefits: Company paid Health, Dental, Visions, LTD and STD, Life Insurance, 401K + Company Matching, 20 days of PTO + Holidays
Key Words: Application Development, Java Engineer, J2EE, SQL, Remote, Java, Java EE 7, Solutions Developer, AWS, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle DB, Ant / Maven, Jenkins / Docker, Git / Subversion, Remote