Alpharetta, Georgia | Direct Hire
Skills: Agile methodologies, Scrum Master, SAFe transition experience, SaaS background
This international software company is looking for a ScrumMaster who will serve as an organizational servant-leader who works with agile delivery teams, product management, the leadership team and other parts of the business to improve their ability to deliver value and quality to the customer base. This position will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban Method, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- In collaboration with the Product Management team, ensure that agile delivery teams are enterprise aware and have an understanding of the business cases/context behind their work.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (planning, stand-up, sprint review & demo and retrospectives)
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of team working agreements and definitions of done, standards and best practices.
- Coach team members on the agile values/principles, how work gets done (XP practices), estimation & grooming techniques, JIT model storming, etc
- Coach product owners on agile release management, grooming practices, 'Gherkin' style Acceptance Criteria formatting, business epic backlog structure, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
- Implement/coach agile frameworks, principles and methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, Lean-agile, Kanban). This includes on-going coaching and continuous improvement to how we operate both on a team level and organizationally.
- Evangelize agile principles and mindset throughout the organization.
- Establish high levels project progress visibility and transparency throughout the organization via breaking silos, agile metrics, collaborative tools, culture change and establishing best practices.
- Administer ALM and other agile development support tools (Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Trello, etc)
- Maintain process documentation.
- Must have 2-3 years serving as an active Scrum Master in a software development environment.
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential.
- Scrummed multiple teams including geographically dispersed teams in organizations with hybrid full-time and outsourced resources models.Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Preferred candidate has a strong familiarity with or experience working with SAFe.
- Bachelor' s degree or combination of relevant education and experience.
- CSM, PMI-ACP or SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master certification preferred
What’ s cool about this company: This is a cutting-edge software product company that is rapidly growing their development team. This company is in a much-needed and growing industry, with many verticals and potential for growth. The team is a group of driven, smart professionals that value their personal life as well as professional growth.
Benefits: Flexible environment and casual dress, 21 paid days off the first year (2 weeks PTO, 6 sick days, 5 floating holidays) plus 8 paid holidays, a 401(k) program with 5% matching, Employee insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Accidental), Short/Long Term Disability, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, and Commuter Savings Program
Keywords: Agile, SAFe, Scrum!, waterfall, SaaS, sprint, groom, backlog, kanban, jira, lean