Remote Java Application Engineer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Java Application Engineer
This is a 100% work from home position! You must be physically based in the Atlanta or Philadelphia market to be considered.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Our client is an international company that provides software solutions to some of the largest, most recognizable insurance companies around the world. Their software allows insurance companies to provide a more customizable and personalized customer experience for both groups and individuals. This company is growing quickly and looking to add a Java Application Engineer to their team.
In this role you will be responsible for solving complex technical issues at the code level. This person will need to be strong with Java development to help solve customer issues. Our client is looking for someone who is enjoys working with people, and has strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Expert knowledge of specific technologies: Java, including JEE technologies such as JSP, JDBC, JNDI Application servers: Tomcat, JBOSS Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Ability to learn and up-skill quickly on custom solutions
- Strong appreciation of customer business impact due to application problems.
- A strong decision making and prioritization skillset, with ability to operate effectively under pressure in dealing with multiple customers.
Benefits: Company paid Health, Dental, Visions, LTD and STD, Life Insurance, 401K + Company Matching, 20 days of PTO + Holidays
Key Words: Application Support, Java Engineer, J2EE, SQL, Remote, Java, JE6, JE7