QA Automation Engineer (SDET)
St. Paul, Minnesota | Contract
QA Automation Engineer
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join a well-known, global client. This person will be working on-site on an on-going project working on a windows API application. This is a brand-new position open to join a large team that has entrepreneur environment/culture that does a lot of out-of-the box thinking.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
- 8+ years of testing experience with 5+ years of experience in Functional automation
- 4+ years of experience in API automation
- API automation skills (using any open source tools like SOAP, GROOVY, JAVA etc.)
- Good ability to design, implement, debug and troubleshoot code in at least one modern programming language such as Java or C#
- Knowledge around performance testing of APIs using tools like JMeter (this is a good to have and not mandatory)
- Strong experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution
- Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like JIRA) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse)
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to exchange projects information and to understand business requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Will be working hand-in-hand with the developers on the team reviewing and testing code
- Work closely with developers to gather requirements to develop testing strategy
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Responsible for developing the automation framework – SoapUI
- Guiding QA testing process as well as automating testing process
Benefits: As an Agile consultant, you’ ll gain many of the advantages and benefits of being a direct hire, while experiencing the flexibility of consulting. It’ s the best of both worlds! Our IT consultants enjoy a wide array of benefits including: medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Keywords: SDET, developer, testing, coding, java, c, c++, scripting, groovy, QA, QA automation, quality assurance, QA engineer