Farmington Hills, Michigan | Direct Hire
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
Seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer to be the expert of our client’ s products and services at a technical level. This person will join a heavy client-facing team focused on audio and infotainment, and help accompany sales reps for technical pre-sales in solution proposals and technology demonstrations. Also, to understand customer’ s requirements, tailor a solution based on the company’ s products and services, and create the optimal solution fitting both customer needs and corporate strategy. This role will collaborate with various internal functional teams as Product Management / Solution Management / Project Management / R&D / Technical Support
- Evangelize and educate customers for Redbend’ s products and services from each component level to E2E solution level
- Work with customers to elicit and identify their needs and requirements
- Identify the products in the Redbend product portfolio that should be combined to address those needs, as well gaps in the product offering that must be closed to address those needs
- Work with R&D / Product Management / Project Management to defined the missing features that must be developed to address customer requirements with minimal cost / time
- Work with the customer and Redbend teams through delivery and deployment of the solution
- Practical experience in sales engineer / presales in IT software market (10+ years), preferably with a global company
- B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent technical training, Computer Science or similar major
- Strong technical abilities and hands-on technical experience in the following areas:
- Proven coding level product development / implementation / technical support experience and understanding, especially for embedded software. C / C++ / Java preferred. Python, a plus.
- Fundamental Computer Science as Algorithms and Data Structure
- Operating System architecture, both in architecture and practical levels, especially in UNIX / Linux based platforms. Embed / Mobile / Automotive specific OS understanding, a plus.
- Database Architecture, both in Relational Database and NoSQL Database
- Network Architecture
- Excellent documentation / presentation / communication / social networking skills
- Experience in one or more of the following industries in E2E solution level: Mobile / IoT / Automotive / Embed / Cloud
- Experience in OMA-DM standard, OTA update, MDM / MAM / EMM, a plus
- Ability to take sudden global business trips due to job requirements
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with company Match